Premium Photo Critique — Discover more about your images..
Buy a premium photo critique and we’ll analyse your images and send you an in-depth report that gives you detailed, structured feedback on your work.
- Identify things that you’re doing well
- Spot potential issues
- Discover how to improve your images
How is a premium photo critique different from a free one?
- We allocate a lot more time for it. Rather than just a quick 5 minute appraisal we take our time to do an in-depth analysis of your work.
- You receive a written report, as a pdf file, with the results of your critique
- It’s completely private. Unlike the free critiques we do that are published on theLightMatters.com, premium critiques are unpublished and confidential to you. Nobody else sees your images or your report. It really is completely private and 100% discrete.
- You can block-buy critiques to take advantage of more favourable pricing then either use them one at a time or all at once — whichever works best for you
What does a photo critique consider?
- Overall impression and aesthetics of your image
- Subject matter and portrayal
- Image capture
- Framing and composition
- Exposure and camera settings
- Use of and manipulation of light
- Suggested improvements
What a photo critique doesn’t do…
Our photo critique is exactly that. It’s a critique of your work and not there to stroke your ego so if you’re fishing for compliments this isn’t for you. We give praise where it’s due and suggest improvements where we think you could do better.
Similarly a critique isn’t there to knock you down or nit pick over every pixel. We look at the bigger picture and don’t pixel peep or criticise every minute, insignificant detail. It you’ve ever asked for constructive criticism on a forum, you’ll appreciate where I’m coming from on that point.
Lastly, a critique isn’t intended as a cheap means of publicity, endorsement or advertising of yourself or your work.
How the critique system works…
- Choose whether you want to order a single critique or a bock of 3 or 10.
- Click the Add to Cart button
- Proceed to the checkout and enter your name, email address.
- Complete your purchase
- On the order confirmation page you’ll see your submission instructions telling you how to submit your images
- Check your email — you should receive an automated reply that also has your submission instructions. Please DO NOT email them to us!
- Click through to the Premium Photo Submission page.
- Enter your details, including your order number — it’s your proof of purchase
- Complete the image submission section and submit your image
- Repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 for each image you wish to submit for critique up to the number you’ve selected in step 1
- We’ll analyse your image(s) and email you your report(s) — it usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on workload.
*** PLEASE READ THIS IS IMPORTANT ***
Image requirements for a Premium Photo Critique…
By requesting a critique of your images you agree to adhere to these requirements for submission
- You must own the copyright on every image you submit for a critique
- Each image must be at least 1,000px on it’s shortest edge
- For best results, submit un-watermarked images — we can’t critique an image we cannot properly see
- Unsavoury images will be rejected and result in an immediate cancellation and ban on further critiques. This includes, and is not limited to images that are: pornographic, erotic, sexually explicit, derogatory, defamatory, abusive, violent, depict illegal on unsavoury acts etc. — As a guide, we work up to lingerie, implied nude and art nude only. If you’re in any doubt, please contact us prior to purchase